Thanks for visiting. I’m a writer and freelance editor. My current and recent projects are listed below, and you can select a menu option for more. My day job is technical writer for a software company, and in my spare time I maintain the web sites and social media accounts for the poetry group Open Heart Forgery, and the Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada. In the Society for Creative Anachronism, I am Oliver Peren.
I’ve lived in various places in British Columbia and Ontario, and reside in Nova Scotia. I love Library Thing and Facebook, I’m on goodreads, and have a few videos on YouTube. Sometimes I tweet, @trcovell, and I’m also on Instagram, tim.covell.
I blog on various subjects including writing, editing, film classification, and using WordPress.
Sign up for my occasional newsletter to receive announcements about new blog posts and other updates.
Contact me with any questions or comments. Please note I am unable to accept any new editing clients, due to existing projects.
Current and Recent Projects
- Preparing for the publication of my romance novel, Ocean’s Lure.
- Edited A Journey In and Out of the Saddle, a non-fiction account of a cycling adventure, by Cavanaugh and Levesque.
- Upgraded the web site for Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada.
- Published Government versus Industry Self-Regulation: Film Classification in Canada and the United States (journal article), and a related guest blog, Film Ratings Still Matter.
- Updated the website for Ottawa editor and writer Jon Peirce.
- Gave presentations and workshops about websites to WordPress Meetup Halifax, to Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada, and at Halifax Public Library.
- Provided a manuscript evaluation for a thriller, and prepared an index for a university textbook.
- Member of a Romance Writers panel at Halifax Word on the Street 2019.
- Edited Didn’t Stand a Chance: A Stella Kirk Mystery #2, by L. P. Suzanne Atkinson, a cozy mystery novel.
- Published a poem, Ice Cream.
- Edited Auracle, by Dawn Mossman, a young adult novella.
- Published Children’s Participation Rights in Film Classification Systems (journal article), reprinted in Children’s Rights: New Issues, New Themes, New Perspectives.
- Published Food Containers of My Exes (short humour).
The screen or print output “Hello, World!” is often used to demonstrate computer program languages.